THREE RIVERS REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM ANNUAL PLAN OF SERVICE
Fiscal Year 2021-2022
October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022
The Three Rivers Regional Library System (“TRRLS” or “the System”) is a cooperative library system serving Dixie, Gilchrist, Lafayette and Taylor counties. Fiscal Year 2021-2022 will mark the twenty seventh year of service.
Member libraries collect and loan books, magazines, video, audio recordings and digital materials. Public Internet access, reference materials and newspapers are available for in-house use. Integrated resources allow patrons to access the System’s catalog over the Internet, and to checkout e-books as well as audio books and other electronic media. Interlibrary and intra-system loans are also available. Each library has a meeting room available for program and public use. Patron registration, circulation and cataloging functions are fully automated.
The System is governed by a Board composed of representatives of the four member counties and directed by a professionally trained librarian. The System provides collection development and management, a library automated system, cataloging, some adult programming services to the member libraries and communities, materials delivery, administrative support services, as well as professional expertise and guidance. The System also manages state and federal funds received, and county funds for the purchase of library materials.
The Three Rivers Regional Library System provides information and answers to questions on a broad array of topics related to work, school, and personal life; assists individuals involved in self-directed personal growth and development; assists students enrolled in a formal program of education to help them attain their educational goals; and provides information about current cultural and social trends and recreational materials in a variety of formats.
ANNUAL PLAN FY 2021-2022
The Annual Plan of Service is a document adopted or approved by the library’s governing body and submitted as part of the application for State Aid to Libraries that include TRRLS’ activities that will be supported for FY 2021-2022. The Annual Plan supports the goals, objectives, and actions of the Long Range Plan. The Annual Plan of Service is due by December 1, 2021.
TRRLS exists to support all member libraries in their mission to provide quality library service to their citizens.
Sharing resources is vital in helping the member libraries provide quality service. TRRLS will provide to member libraries:
- Centralized ordering, processing, and cataloging of library material.
- Internet access for staff and public use.
- An online system for materials circulation, patron registration, and library reporting that also provides patron access to an online materials catalog.
- A library home page that includes e-book access and is compatible with mobile computing devices.
- Information Technology support and services, staff e-mail and Google Suite access.
- Facebook page that reflects the activities of all four libraries.
- NEFLIN membership providing free training, services and equipment loans.
- Access to online Inter-Library Loan services and DLLI (the Statewide ILL delivery service).
- Other assistance, as available, to help the member libraries fulfill their missions.
Providing technology for patrons is a major role of public libraries. It is a fundamental element of our purpose. Internet access is expected, as well as accompanying productivity software. E-government access is now commonplace. TRRLS will support the member libraries by providing:
- Staff training for the Internet, Microsoft Office, and the integrated library system (KOHA). With access to in person as well as online training and as a member of NEFLIN, library staff have opportunities to attend appropriate training classes in many subjects.
- Computer maintenance of staff and public equipment and software. Virus protection will be installed and will be updated on all devices. TRRLS will continue monitoring new hardware/software offerings that may be beneficial to patrons and library staff.
TRRLS will emphasize staff training, collection management, quality customer service, positioning the libraries as community hubs, shifting some Youth Services focus to supporting education and making the libraries more visible in the community.
TRRLS staff operates under the direction of the TRRLS Board. The System staff will:
- Implement all policies approved by the Board.
- Administer the State Aid to Libraries Grant for all member libraries, and other grants received.
TRRLS will provide assistance to member libraries to insure that facilities and materials are as sanitary as possible and that procedures are in place to assure the public that libraries are clean and safe.
Approved by Three Rivers Regional Library Board on September 9, 2021.